Image Source: Tutorialreplubic
Java is the combination of programming language and a platform. Java is object-oriented, reliable, secure and easy to use language. It is mostly known for its simple, dynamic and high-performance nature. It should be executed through a cross-platform compatible Java Virtual Machine (JVM) for which Java has its own runtime environment i.e JRE and API. Java has a huge range of application and can be used everywhere including web application, desktop application, mobile phones, satellites and other electronic devices.
- Both are an object-oriented programming language. So, the fundamental OOP concepts must be known by both the developers.
- Both languages can be used for back-end development. Node.js is the most popular and powerful server-side environment. While Java has been used for back-end technologies for a long period of time that uses Apache, JBoss, and Websphere.
PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is a general-purpose scripting language. PHP can handle forms, save data to a file, return data to the user, gather data from files and many more. The popular content management system (CMS) like WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla runs on PHP, which is used to create a majority of the website on the web. From a simple blog to the small business owner trying to set up the landing page, a CMS is an easiest and cheapest solution to set up an online presence. It is also integrated with a number of popular databases like PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL, MYSQL, and others.
- Php is conceptually simple to use than Node.js. In PHP, we just need some codes that should be wrapped between the PHP tags to set up a server. A web server like MYSQL along with PHP will be able to interpret the file and display web pages on your browser. In Node.js server a line of codes is required along with core concepts of closures and working model of call back functions.
Python is general-purpose, object-oriented and high-level programming language. It is easy to learn. Elegant syntax and dynamic typing make Python an ideal language for creating a rapid web application. Python can be used to connect database systems; whereby you can read and modify files. It can be used in the world of machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, IOT, embedded systems including data mining and analysis.
- Both are general purpose programming language, that can be used in both client and server side.
- The scalability in web apps in Node.js can be achieved with the creation of a single thread asynchronous structure with i/o operations. While Python supports asynchronous programming by default.
Despite all their similarities and dissimilarities, all of these languages have their perks and are preferred in their own fields.