The Designer in her
The registration is already closed but you can contact us for our upcoming programs
The Designer in her
Graphic design is a modern form of art that can add contemporary flair to every nook and corner of any industry. Graphical representation can help to communicate even very complex ideas or messages in a simple and appealing visual manner. Graphic design is a discipline characterized by innovation, yet even renowned international companies have failed to acknowledge the efforts and successes of female designers on their teams. Fortunately, women around the world have been making huge leaps forward in terms of gender equality, and many organizations, across various industries, are now seriously concerned about bridging the gender gap. In Nepal, as in so many countries, now is the right time for girls and women to pursue careers in graphic design.
To help reduce the gender gap in the design industry, CodeRush and W4 have come up with a joint, women-centric project, “The Designer in Her,” aimed at underprivileged, undergraduate women who are planning to kick start their careers in the field of graphic design.
Why The designer in Her?
The “The Designer in Her” project is in line with Sustainable Development Goal number 5, as it seeks to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in the design industry. The project’s rigorous training program enables young women to acquire technical skills in graphic design and also allows them to enhance their soft skills as part of their own personal development.
The Designer in her
Applications, along with the required documents will be reviewed by the Board of the organizing committee. Fellowships will be awarded entirely on the basis of merit which will depend on the answers in the application form.
The Graphic Design classes are for:
Requirements to attend Graphic Design class:
Learning Outcomes from Graphic Design class :
Good design is a language, not a style.
Contact Us if you want to see learn this language of design.
Some words from our happy learners!
The website development through WordPress class was very effective indeed. I got to learn soo many components of wordpress in such less time. After taking the classes i can confidently say that I can build a fully functioning website using WordPress.
Honestly, I really enjoyed the classes. It was very interactive and we got to practice on live site sa well. Special thanks to the tutor Aavas Parajuli who always helped me with my difficulties and problems during the classes.
Graphic Design Course Module
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Elements and Principle of Design
- Color Theory
- Print Vs Screen Design
- Vector Vs Raster Design
- Adobe Illustrator Vs Adobe Photoshop
This course is focused on the manipulation of digital images through image readiness, editing and image creation. You will learn how to create a new image, crop, transform, paint, enhance, retouch, resize and add artistic feel. Selection methods and working with layers are also dealt with in this course.
- The Photoshop Screen
- Getting to know the Tools
- Utilizing grids and rulers
- Zoom shortcuts and convenient navigation
- Why use Selections?
- Creating selections using Marquee tools
- The Magic Wand and Quick Selection tool
- The Lasso tools
- Selecting by color range
- Pen Tools
- Adding or Deleting from selections
- Saving and Loading selections
- When to use which Selections Tools
Working With Layers
- Multiple Layers creation and viewing
- Moving, scaling and rotating layers
- Linking & aligning Layers
- Merging, Flattening and Saving Layers
- Locking and protecting layers
- Layer groups
- Applying and editing type
- Converting shape and text layers
- Saving and flattening layered files
- Applying transparency
- Fundamental modes of layer blending
- Text and adjustment layers
- Special effects
- Drop shadows, glows and embossing
- Layer masks
- Clipping Masks
- Adjustment Layers
Operating With Text
- Text Layer Creation
- Basic Typography (Font Selections for Project)
- Text Paragraphs
- Adding Text Effects
Filters, Painting And Drawing
- Cloning Images
- Mixing and applying paint and fill colors
- Brush and Eyedropper tools
- Drawing shapes
- Creating vector shape layers
- Adding color fills, patterns and gradients
- File formats
- Right color mode selection
- Adjusting resolution and image size
- Canvas cropping and enlargement
- Printing and Optimizing Documents
- Color modes, resolution & image size
- Printing from Photoshop and other Applications
- The Save for web command
Adobe Illustrator is a vector-based graphics program that enables the aspiring graphic designers to develop professional high quality print, type effects and web designs. The mentioned course has its main objective to guide trainees to produce good-looking, high quality graphics such as logos and advertisements with type and graphics. The trainees will create logos with professional look and feel, type effects and convert bitmaps to vector artworks by rightly using the colors, layers, gradients, fonts, and photos with illustrations and text effects.
- Custom workspace
- Control Palettes & menus
- Rulers, guides, grids, snap to
- Outline & Preview modes
- Navigation & Scroll shortcuts
- How Illustrator Works
- Vectors v Bitmaps
- Text, Shapes & Color
- Using the shape tools
- Transforming tools
- Spoked wheel drawing
- Selecting, Copying and Moving
- Rotating, Skewing, Aligning, Grouping and Duplicating Objects
- Locking and Hiding
- Drawing Tools such as rectangle, ellipse, polygon, Star
- Fills and Colors
- Drawing curves
- Join commands
Shape builder tools/Pathfinder
- Minus Front
- Minus Back
- Importing & placing images
- Turning Bitmap into Vector
- Basic Colors & Stroke palette
- Types of Color; Color modes
- Gradient and Patterns
- Dragging color
- Understanding & using ‘stroke’ and ‘fill’ attributes
- Using Swatches
- Use the Paint Bucket tool
- Creating Text objects
- Artistic and Paragraph text
- Coloring and Filling text
- Adding ‘point’ type and ‘area’ type
- Add type to a vector path
- Create type outlines
- Linking Paragraphs
- Type Effects
- Placing Text Around Objects
- Find & replace & Spellcheck
Arranging And Aligning Objects
- Using ‘group’ and ‘duplicate’
- Layer objects hiding and locking
- Using ‘isolation mode’
- Using Align and Distribute
- Compound paths
- Clipping masks
Creating & Editing Paths
- Pen Tool
- Draw straight lines
- Draw continuous curves
- Shift (move) an anchor point or a line
- Converting an anchor point
- Add, adjust, delete points
- Bezier curves
- Object filling using a gradient
- Creation and modification of gradient
- Use the Gradient tool
- Rotate, Scale or shear
- Flip and slant
- The bounding box
- Use the Free Transform tool
- Creation and modification(Editing) of layers
- Create a sub layer
- Hide and Lock
- Crop Mark
Using Live Trace
- Automatically trace artwork
- Converting objects
The Designer in Her : fellows
Here are our outstanding Designer in Her fellows:
The Designer in Her- Best Projects
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I Need to Have Any Designing Skills?
No: we will be training fellows from scratch. However, fellows should have a basic level of computer skills. We do not expect you to have already used any graphic design tools but having a basic knowledge of using them will prove to be an advantage.
Where Can I Apply?
What Do I Get from This Training?
You will be provided with training from scratch and you will gain ample skills to increase your employability and help you achieve success in the industry. Additionally, you will acquire networking and public speaking skills, and you will be able to considerably improve your ability to work as part of a team.
Do I Need to Have Any Previous Experience in Graphic Design?
No. The selection process will be entirely based on merit. If applicants meet all the requirements, which include written tests and interviews, they will be considered eligible for the fellowship. Past experience in graphic design is not at all compulsory.