This hands-on course will teach you how to use the power of WordPress CMS to build modern, easy-to-navigate websites. Learn how to install, setup and publish websites using the core functionality of the WordPress platform. You will also be introduced on how to customize themes, build e-commerce shops, and implement basic SEO into your WordPress website
WordPress is the most popular content Management system (CMS) today. WordPress powers millions of websites across the globe. WordPress provides pre-written programs called Plugins that will help you to improve the functionality of your website that too at a lower cost.
Notable Big Companies using WordPress
This class is ideal for someone who wants to
- Work as a WordPress developer in the future.
- Who wants to open up their own Blogging site/portfolio, personal site.
- Make a personal portfolio website.
- Earn money easily by learning to make Premium websites.
- Make websites for E-commerce, small businesses, organizations, schools colleges, hospitals, institutes and many more.
Training requirements and prerequisites
- Simple knowledge of computer, website and browser
- Please bring a laptop with Windows, Linux or Mac OS installed.
- You don’t need to install any software, however, please have a modern web browser installed. (Latest version of FireFox / Google chrome/ Internet Explorer /Safari, or Opera
- If you feel more comfortable using an external mouse, please bring one, too.
- Please bring your own charger.
After completing the training, the attendees should be able to:
- Understand the content types of WordPress and its differences.
- Install and configure WordPress on a hosting account
- Understand how to tweak your theme settings and alter the look of your site
- Configure WordPress to your preferences
- Install new themes and plugins in any WordPress site
- Understand how to make secured websites
- Detailed knowledge of Plugin and templates.
- Make premium websites (Personal/Portfolio, E-commerce, Blogging, Photography, Business, Organization, School, Colleges, Hospitals and likewise)
Note: This course does not teach WordPress development (PHP coding)
Those attending the course will receive an electronic copy of the teaching materials. You will also receive three month’s free hosting on the CodeRush website to test and refine your sites